moresparks
Regular Contributor
I am installing a Bravo 3 Sterndrive and I will NOT be using the Pitot sensor.
Inside the Transom shield there is a yellow cap protecting the click-connect fitting.
The question I need to check is … Do I have to do anything else to either the shield or the Sterndrive to prevent water ingress? I will NOT be fitting the speedometer tube on the anti-ventilation plate. The Installation handbook assumes you will fit the Pitot sensor!
I already have a GPS for speed as well as a standalone log as backup.
Your assistance will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Inside the Transom shield there is a yellow cap protecting the click-connect fitting.
The question I need to check is … Do I have to do anything else to either the shield or the Sterndrive to prevent water ingress? I will NOT be fitting the speedometer tube on the anti-ventilation plate. The Installation handbook assumes you will fit the Pitot sensor!
I already have a GPS for speed as well as a standalone log as backup.
Your assistance will be appreciated.
Thank you.

