Logo

Bolt removal 70hp Johnson

davenaus

"I am trying to remove the Pow

"I am trying to remove the Power Head from the Adapter assembly. The two forward bolts that hold the power head to the adapter assembly are in a very awkward spot to remove. Can you suggest a method to remove them? Many thanks, David
294133.jpg
"

"Tried posting this last night

"Tried posting this last night and it wouldn't work... Guess it is ok now. I am also struggling with a bottom bolt to remove the carb from the power head. Bolt in question is in center of photo and white Phillips head. David
294136.jpg
"

"Adding another picture to hel

"Adding another picture to help clarify problem. Pictures are difficult to obtain due to location. Bolt head in in shadow area just to right of reddish vertical part. There is one on either side of centerline. Thanks.

294141.jpg
"

That bolt doesnt hold the engi

That bolt doesnt hold the engine down its for the upper engine mounts. Remove the plastic cover pictured and it will expose the power head to adaptor plate hold down bolts

I see that now. Thanks. I can&

I see that now. Thanks. I can't get the aft nut off with 1/2" wrench. Too rusted. Might try vice grips in the morning. If not might try breaking nut.

Solved problem with aft nut. D

Solved problem with aft nut. Drilled it then used a screw driver to break it. Pulled power head out. The breakdown process starts. Thanks for the help.

Back