Logo

BF 250D Exhaust manifold Inspection.

Heligeorge

Contributing Member
Hi All,
BF 250D about 2,1/2 years old not many hours due to Covid Pandemic restrictions.
Engine services done properly with OEM parts and lubricants.
I have been wanting to make a visual into the the exhaust manifolds just to get an idea on salt buildup or corrosion now that the engine is new.
Can the exhaust manifold gaskets be reused ?
It would be a good idea as preventative maintenance so as to keep ahead of possible future issues.
I have regularly inspected the thermostats, housing and covers and all is good.
Saltaway application after about 5-6 outings .
Saltwater use.

Never skimp on gaskets with saltwater engines, a leak can cause so much damage so quickly. They shouldn't need doing until year 4 if the motor has been flushed properly. If you decide to do them, make sure you do the 6 block anodes, they deteriorate quicker than the manifold anodes.

Thank you iang6766 I really appreciate your response.
If I remember correctly there are anodes screwed in to the block and they require an Allen (hex) key.
There are another additional 2 which can only be changed when the whole engine is separated from the leg and are underneath the block.
I have the shop manual and will look into the other anodes.
I just thought it might be worth getting an indication by taking a peek in the exhaust manifolds.
The thermostats and housing I have inspected before and everything was squeaky clean.
The six anodes you mention are to be removed with the Allen hex key; are they directly accessible or are they seated behind engine components?
I will take a look into the shop manual.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back