Logo

bent prop shaft

wismo

Regular Contributor
so I suspect my propeller shaft is bent I have pulled it out and will check for run out on my Lathe is there any special procedure for reinstallation I have the manual but it covers a lot of different Force Motors so I'm not sure if that is in there

putting shaft back do i need to remove whole lower unit.
when I put it back in i have no neutral. is there a pin that fell into lower unit cant find that info

You shouldnt need to pull the driveshaft just the cover for the shift rod so you can access the yoke and shift fork. A good service manual would help. Can you move the clutch dog easily with the pin in the propshaft?
im a lil confused this is an outboard.

You dont want to mess with the pinion or forward gear unless necessary as in bad bearings or gears.
Too late its all apart did find a questionable bearing
In the process all this started the check the run out on the propeller shaft when I went to put it back together I can't seem to get the shift connected rightI thought I was missing a pin but still dont see any.
Ill replace seals and that bearing.
Still without a pin of sorts i cant see hot that dog moves in and out

Found the part i was looking for sitting at the bottom it's not a Pin it's kind of a horseshoe shaped thing with two Nubs sticking out of it really small piece and a magnet doesn't stick to it.
Thank you for your help
Gona get these parts organized so i dont lose anything

Just the drive shaft bearing I damaged the casing on it taking out the retaining ring.
Yea The shims are paper thin.
I think i have shift mechanism sorted now.

I order quicksilver one no picture from ebay 109.00 shipped i think ill have to see how it comes
Oh and looks closely i see a 4 above fill hole im a type D

Is there normally a lot of up and down play on pinion gear shaft .
Installed new bearing and if I reach inside from the bottom and lift up on the shaft bearing sounds smooth but if I don't it sounds different

No putting on that plastic gear housing is there a bead of black rtv around it ?
It had it just not sure where of it needed at all?

Back