Logo

AQ131A distributor

Lepke

Regular Contributor
I'm trying to remove a distributor from a AQ131A and after removing the clamp bolt, distributor will not pull out. Engine is 30 years old. I have wedged it up by hammering in a thin chisel. I am at the point where it feels like I might break the housing. I have done lots of engines but mostly diesel and USA engines. Is there some additional pin, screw, etc. that has to be removed to release the distributor?

That is the only bolt holding it in. On older engines. I have had to 'knock' it left and right, the pull up. repeat often.

It should slide right out is it hard to turn when pushed all the way in? You dont want to break it for sure. Take note of the rotor position so you can put it back the same. I suppose its possible the bushing for the shaft in the block is stuck on the shaft. Not sure if it is larger than the gear part number 463362.

If you can turn the distributor but you cant pull it out put the rotor on and see if you can spin the shaft while pulling up maybe that will get it to pop out? be careful you dont want to damage the flyweights.

Back