Logo

aq130 dies out

Leif Pickwell

hi all, new boat has a volvo aq130 in her,has been sitting for a year) took it for its first run on the water 2 weeks ago would die out under load and not get on to plane, replaced points,condenser,plugs, leads, took it for a run got her up and going on the plane for about 10 seconds then she died, got it started again and after a short idle it got up on plane again then stopped again. could this be the coil or would it be more likley fuel? I wound it over with fuel pump outlet off and it was pumping fuel not sure how much it should be pumping

Possible the fuel pick up in the tank is clogging.Or the tank vent line has a clog.Bugs really like to get in there and make nests.Check the filter for water?

Yes agree with J, check for water in the gas. Maybe a filter that takes it out and had a bleed screw at bottom to remove collected water. If left will spill into fuel line and pump. CJ

I drained out water trap before I took her out had no water in, also openend the fuel fill cap to see if that was under suction but seemed fine and made no difference with cap loose, I'm going to get an electric pump so I know where I'm at, at least then I can run the fuel into a container for a while and make sure it has constant fuel, I supose after that its check the carbs? thanks for the advice great forum with loads of info

electric pump got her going well on the plane doing 4400 rpm fine bit slow to get there but I'm used to an out board on old boat but, the next trip it got up on the plane then she starts surging and loosing power will get some new fuel line and replace it from the tank back and see how she goes getting closer now cant wait for it to go reliably , cheers for the help

Back