Logo

AQ125A Running Smooth now

"Just wanted to put up a post

"Just wanted to put up a post to everyone to say thank you! My girlfriend well now fiance's dad and I got the boat tunned last night! Got it timed and idling right where we want it. Just a few cosmetic things, new tires and licese the boat and trailer and we will be off to the lake.

Thank you again for all of your support!!!"

I don't want to sound like

I don't want to sound like doom and gloom but how a boat performs in the driveway is way different on how it will go in the water! I have discovered that first hand. But once you get it on the lake take your tools and do a final tune up. Then you know it will perform well.

"Hey PugetSounder

Awww good

"Hey PugetSounder

Awww good call, see i wouldnt have thought of that, about bringing our tools with us so we don't get stuck out on Lake Stevens and are rowing a Bayliner back into shore lol

Thanks!"

"I've been through it just

"I've been through it just thought I would pass on some experience. I heard my boat run in the drveway when I bought it and thought, WOW it runs smooth! I bought it and then put it in the water and was sorley dissapointed and how bad it ran, missing, coughing sputtering, not to mention how we almost sank it because a cooling hose was disconnected. None of that showed up on the driveway test. So now I don't go out without tools and a good handpump. Good luck.

ps, you don't want to drown your future father-in-law, it could lead to a rocky marriage!"

"PugetSounder - I'm over i

"PugetSounder - I'm over in Silverdale - and I know first hand EXACTLY what you are saying!!

Tried to sell my boat and every time we got it on the water, poof - wouldn't run.

In the end I got a new distributor (mechanical advance frozen and broken) and voila - heading out tomorrow!"

Back