Logo

aq125a drip from sea water pump

discobayken

Regular Contributor
Just recently replaced my impeller and gasket. I notieced a slightl drip from the back side of the pump. Seloc books says replace the seal on the back side of the pump. I cant find just the seal. I find the rebuild kit with shaft, seal and bushigns for about $100. I dont mind spending the $ if I have to... but I'd rather not if I can avoid it. Do I need all those parts or will just the seal do the trick? Any advice on where to get just the seal if thats all I need? Thank you in advance.

Ken

The seal is (should be) available from your friendly neighbourhood VP dealer

http://www.dougrussell.com/partscat...,3455,3456,3457,3458,3459,3460,3461,3462,3463

Part number 12 in the picture (Volvo part 827247), just around 6 bucks plus the unavoidable taxes.

Otherwise, you may be able to get it from a bearing store. In that case, you must ensure that the seal spring is stainless so it won't corrode. The pump is a Johnson 10-32621, and the seal original part number is 5-29-105. Check this (bottom left).

http://www.depcopump.com/catalog107/103.pdf

the dealer should be able to order you one, i just did about a month ago from the local volvo dealer here. i think it was like around $7.00. doug russel marine does have good prices on parts if your buying more than just the seal, but if thats all your getting they have like a $30.00 min. purchace price. so the $7.00 part is gonna cost $30.00 and possibly shipping, inless they have a free shipping prom. going on?

Eastcoast: I found that out... it was going to be 38 bucks with shipping. ouch. I ended up ordering it from west marine w/ free shipping to their store. It's not far and I go by there all the time. The only problem is trying to NOT buy a bunch of other stuff while I am in there. (thats how they get you!). I also ordered the seal kit for all the cooling pipes, etc. Might as well do em all. Thanks!

Also, thanks for the part # El P!

Last edited:
Eastcoast: I found that out... it was going to be 38 bucks with shipping. ouch. I ended up ordering it from west marine w/ free shipping to their store. It's not far and I go by there all the time. The only problem is trying to NOT buy a bunch of other stuff while I am in there. (thats how they get you!). I also ordered the seal kit for all the cooling pipes, etc. Might as well do em all. Thanks!

Also, thanks for the part # El P!

You are welcome.

Back