Logo

AQ125A Distributor

"Awwww finally have gotten one

"Awwww finally have gotten one step closer!
Turns out the coil is good to go and we are getting current going through it. Looks like it may be the distributor that may be failing here. I mean the distributor rotates when the engine is cranking but no spark is coming out of hte plugs.

Any suggestions on how to verify this?

Thanks!"

"Still with this problem? <[im

"Still with this problem?
question.gif
Well, try this.

1) Remove the middle ignition wire from the distributor and put its connector about 1/2 inch from the block while keeping the other side connected to the coil, then crank the engine. If you get spark, then your points are working and the problem is either the rotor, the cap, the ignition wires or the spark plugs. If you don't get spark, then the problem is a bad coil, bad wiring to the coil, no power reaching the coil, or points in bad condition or wrongly set."

"Yah sad to say.

Tried tha

"Yah sad to say.

Tried that, and i checked the wiring and it does show we are getting power to the coil though. When i held it away from the engine block, didnt see any spark coming out of it."

"We are though going to have a

"We are though going to have a mechanic look at this either today or tomorrow that or take the boat in. I want to thank you El Pescador for all your help though, you have helped a ton!
However, my girlfriends dad and I are no mechanics and I think we have gotten to the end of what we can actually do for the boat."

"You are welcome.

It could

"You are welcome.

It could be something as simple as your points not being set correctly, or the wiring to the points being broken. But you are correct, sometimes the only way to end frustration is to throw the towel and let a professional do it.

It must be something quite simple (probably just new points and condenser), so you probably won't get a huge bill."

"We had the same problem with

"We had the same problem with our AQ130c and it was the condesor, or lack there of
"

"Thats what we are thinking. W

"Thats what we are thinking. We were testing the coil with a multimeter the other day and everything pointed to it working.

We have a mechanic coming over sometime this week or next Sunday. I'll post on here to let yo uknow what he found
"

Back