Logo

Anti-Freeze and Mixing Water Quality

knuckle47

Advanced Contributor
SO...Rather than pay $4.50 for a 1/2 gallon of water ( thanks Prestone), I bought the standard straight stuff that needs to be diluted. Do you think that the water from my de-humidifier it clean enough, mineral wise, to use as a source for water or is there a suggestion out here?

I could use my well water which has no mineral content to speak of (tested) or to hell with it and just use city water...? OR is it a waste to think about it?

yeah, that "pre-mixed" antifreeze is such a scam. Wish I thought of that, I'd be on beach somewhere :)

I just buy the distilled water at the grocery store. It comes in gallon containers and is cheap enough. You need an empty container to start the mixing process though, figured that out the hard way.

Bob

Ditto on the distilled.

If you are happy with the content of your well, that should be fine, too. You wanna avoid the "hard stuff" as well as anything with an acidic PH (< 7).

Thanks, I forgot about pH but fortunately mine is neutral (7). I was so against buying water, I forgot about distilled...

ONE THING...I remember from my days of having saltwater aquariums in the early 1970's, It was so much more complex way back then so I bought all kinds of " distilled " water and tested it. I still remember one called " electrified water" must have been distilled thru copper as it had such a high cu level, it would have killed any invertebrates in the tank...

I think I'll use the well water

Back