Been searching the forum and lots of good info on leaks but I cant find anything like what I have.
I have a 1990 Alpha One Gen 1 that was not leaking at all. I took the lower off and replaced the water pump. Put it back together and started pumping in oil. When I had about 3/4 of a quart in oil was pouring out the weep hole. Dont know exactly how full it was when it started leaking out.
Pulled it apart and confirmed I had the oil passage seal in and the o ring on the drove shaft. I didnt see anything that looked out of place. Back together and tried to pressure test it. The air is just blowing through whatever is leaking. I cant build any pressure and can hear that air just blowing through.
Only thought I have is could I have knocked off the driveshaft seal in the upper when reassembling? Or is there something else I missed that would casue such a big leak path.
Thank you for any help.
I have a 1990 Alpha One Gen 1 that was not leaking at all. I took the lower off and replaced the water pump. Put it back together and started pumping in oil. When I had about 3/4 of a quart in oil was pouring out the weep hole. Dont know exactly how full it was when it started leaking out.
Pulled it apart and confirmed I had the oil passage seal in and the o ring on the drove shaft. I didnt see anything that looked out of place. Back together and tried to pressure test it. The air is just blowing through whatever is leaking. I cant build any pressure and can hear that air just blowing through.
Only thought I have is could I have knocked off the driveshaft seal in the upper when reassembling? Or is there something else I missed that would casue such a big leak path.
Thank you for any help.


