Logo

ah----choo then turns off 1993 150 hp

called in sick

New member
I have a 93, 150 Johnson Ocean runner. First of all I started the boat in the morning and it ran fine. Then about three hours later I went to start the boat and all the gas ran out of the eng., gas line and primer bulb. It took a long while to get the gas into the eng. . When I got the eng. started it took off for a short while ( 10 seconds) the died like it was out of gas. When I went to start it- it would not, so I went to the back of the boat and I had to pump the prime bulb again. It then started but died the same way.When the boat is in idle its starts to sneeze for about three to four time then dies again. the primmer bulb is almost empty after that happens.
I just drained the tank the day before and put 42 gal. of gas in this morning.
 
Re: ah----choo then turns off

One second, Is the primmer bulb staying round or is it flat like a pancake? If it is flat like a pancake you have a blockage between the primer bulb and the fuel tank or your tank vent is blocked. Also check the anti syphon valve.
 
just had this problem on a Johnson 175. start with checking you anti siphon valve at the tank. I did not have one on the tank and gas was back-siphoning. Installed one and problem seems to have cleared.
 
Back
Top