Logo

89' OMC 3.0 Cobra. Runs great then not so great.

I posted ignition problems the other day, you guys really helped out. I replaced the engine ground wire to batt. I cleaned all and tightened all or most wire connections. I even put graphite on the timing advance weights in the dist. I cranked the boat it ran like a million dollars, crisp throttle response smooth idle. It was just like new. Then it just slowly worked in a little stumble got rough at idle and eventually lost all throttle response and stalls at idle occasionally. I thought I read that the boat should run with the ESA and tach disconnected from the coil. Is that true or false? because mine will barely stumble or try to crank when they are disconnected. I have tried a coil, points and condenser. Should it run with the ESA and tach disconnected? Or any more suggestions?
 
Back
Top