Logo

89 Celebrity 268 wiring a mess

earthman

New member
I acquired a 89 Celebrity 268 . 2 5.7s with quaddrajunks for carbs. But the wiring is a mess. Things apart at the helm, engine compartment. Is there a manual for this boat I could download so I can start the fun process of wiring this thing into shape?
O, and howdy from Melbourne Florida.
 
The engine wiring should be easy but you need to ID who's product you have...the cluster wiring should match the engine's - the only wildcard there is the control box used. The wiring for the boat will be the tough one as they have been out of business for a long time...I'd say make your own and use the ABYC-recommended wiring colors.

If you don't want the rochesters, I'd be happy to take them off your hands as long as they haven't been butchered.
 
The engine wiring isn't going to be that bad as I'm an old GM mechanic. But up by the helm, there is stuff missing and wires cut. This is going to suck. Lol.
 
I have done a few like that...on several, it was faster to replace than to repair the wiring that was present...
 
Back
Top