Logo

84 115 evinrude piston ring install.. which way does the 1 ring go?

I would just put a little engine oil on the o-rings so they dont get damaged when you torque the bolts. Are those bolts for the lower crank bearing retainer?

yes and the book shows and talks about those 4 having i guessing special telfon tape on them i was just going to put blue locktite or just some pro dope

as i was going to put prodope on all the bolts

and i like to know what is the torq for the head gasket bolts

So I got case together used entire tube of red didnt want no leak. Was hard to get out

But I oiled the four o rings on bottom case didnt put no thread sealant on it. Should I have

The eight bolts I thread sealant ed it
I thread sealant the outer case bolts and the six bolts. And torqed them to your specs
Top bearing I did five pounds

I used the torq bar with the needle. So is that aqurate enough

And the headgasket bolts are they 31 pounds as I found one with three ticks

And the cover plates for head that be five pounds right

Next I gotta get exhaust adapter off to replace it

Looks like black rtv gasket maker they use

Either you skip over many replies, have a poor memory, or are simply yanking our chain as you actually have no engine. You are constantly quoting inaccuracies when in fact you have been given the correct information in past replies. Replies I have given (#10, 21, & 28) apparently have been a waste of time. If you do actually have a engine, I suggest you put it in the shop!

Here, in your last post (#36), you quote head bolts as having 31 pounds torque... whether you are talking about inch or foot pounds, that is wrong. I'll waste no further time here!

Either you skip over many replies, have a poor memory, or are simply yanking our chain as you actually have no engine. You are constantly quoting inaccuracies when in fact you have been given the correct information in past replies. Replies I have given (#10, 21, & 28) apparently have been a waste of time. If you do actually have a engine, I suggest you put it in the shop!

Here, in your last post (#36), you quote head bolts as having 31 pounds torque... whether you are talking about inch or foot pounds, that is wrong. I'll waste no further time here!

its very hard when you have dislexia and i have memory problems do to having cancer and radiation treament on the brain,and you gotta re read everything multiple times i a visual learner

as i a checked you mentioned it now only int #10 not 21 or 28 for the head bolts

and where i made the mistake was i read the line 3/8 -16 which is 31foot pounds i should read line above it the 5/16-24 which is 19foot pounds

and i asked if the needle torque bar is an accurate one

and i torqed the intake housing to 5-7 foot pounds

but thanks for point it out for 10# as for me the heads go last on once the engine back into the lower housing as for me i can not get the motor mount bolts on as the heads are in the way.

thanks for the help so far i appreciated it

Back