Logo

84 115 evinrude exhaust housing to mid section, can you use Anaerobic to glue the 2 halves

comet424

Regular Contributor
hi

so there is no gasket for the exhaust housing and the mid section motor leg... i read some places use permatex black RTV silcone.. i was thinking can i use the Red Peramatex anaerobic sealant since a gasket doesnt exisit for this part

The "exhaust housing" and the "mid section" are one and the same. You need to describe exactly what you are speaking of.

If you're speaking of where the long outer exhaust housing seats to the bottom of the adapter plate, nothing is needed BUT if using some sealer substance is desired in that area for ease of mind if nothing else, that'll be fine.

Here's a similar (1978) where you can pick out the parts if needed.

78_V4_MID-SECTION1.jpg

Last edited:
ah my mistake sorry. i ment the the Exhaust Adapter Plate and the mid housing... they didnt use anything as i noticed they leak exhaust out of the there so i wanted to know what can i use

like permatex black or the flange sealant... as the 2 engines i have 79 (parts engine) and the 84 leak from that spot and then the black oil exhaust stains running down

so figured i double check..

Back