Logo

8.1L falls off at 3000 RPM?

that's one way to resolve it...as long as that is a supporting clamp (green band under the LH side of the shutoff valve's handle) on the fuel hose.

Fuel starvation. Next time, instead of checking your fuel rail pressure, you might want to start at the other end. Get a vacuum gauge on the inlet side of your filter (between your tank and the first fuel filter). Shouldn't read more than 5 to 7 (I'm guessing). If more than that, pull your anti-siphon valve off of the tank - or maybe the entire pick-up tube. I don't believe Silverton puts a filter of any type (sock, screen) on their pick-up tubes. If there's big gunk in the fuel line, it'll be there.
How do I know? Had a clogged anti-siphon valve on our way back from the North Channel, Ontario just two weeks ago. 2007 Silverton 36C, 8.1 Crusaders. Mine was clogged by a whole handful of some sort of black, tape-like material - as if the inside of a fuel hose delaminated. BTW: excellent mechanic at Drummond Island Yacht Haven (with a vacuum gauge - not in my standard tool kit!).

Very good information. It can get very frustrating chasing the culprit down when things go bad! The vacuum trick has never crossed my mind before, but makes perfect sense. I hope I'm trouble free for a while now..

Back