hydrofreak
New member
"Have a 15R79E Johnson that se
"Have a 15R79E Johnson that seems to lose rpm and top end speed. I have replaced the water pump, t-stat, powerhead to exhaust gasket, completely rebuilt the carbs, and replaced l/u oil. It starts great, idles fine, and accelerates fine. After running wot for a minute or so, it begins to slowly lose speed and rpm. I let off the throttle to an idle, everythings ok, motor doesn't seem to be hot(barely standable to the touch). It will accelerate no problem again but it just won't quite get to top end again. After it has sat for an hour or so, great starting, idling, hole shot, then the same thing. Brand new 10x7 prop(first time out), i don't think its slipping. By the way, brand new 6 gal. poly tank, and new gas line, primer bulb, fittings. I also noticed a steady stream of water coming out of a hole at the rear of the motor where the shift rod runs through. It streams out onto the pivot area of the motor(hope that descrip. helps!!). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin
Motor is on a 1636 jon boat."
"Have a 15R79E Johnson that seems to lose rpm and top end speed. I have replaced the water pump, t-stat, powerhead to exhaust gasket, completely rebuilt the carbs, and replaced l/u oil. It starts great, idles fine, and accelerates fine. After running wot for a minute or so, it begins to slowly lose speed and rpm. I let off the throttle to an idle, everythings ok, motor doesn't seem to be hot(barely standable to the touch). It will accelerate no problem again but it just won't quite get to top end again. After it has sat for an hour or so, great starting, idling, hole shot, then the same thing. Brand new 10x7 prop(first time out), i don't think its slipping. By the way, brand new 6 gal. poly tank, and new gas line, primer bulb, fittings. I also noticed a steady stream of water coming out of a hole at the rear of the motor where the shift rod runs through. It streams out onto the pivot area of the motor(hope that descrip. helps!!). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin
Motor is on a 1636 jon boat."

