Logo

60hp 2cyc Made in Japan. cav plate ??

waz57

Contributing Member
Hello to you all, i am in Australia anyway every boat and motor combination 4 sets I have owned had a speed issue ? The otherday I was tighting the transducer and a problem. I have owned this boat for 4 years and it just wont go over 19 kls, I love these motors and I have 4 of them now but each and every one the cavatation plate is lower than the keel this boat 45mm and when you have a SE 300 tails the stern pulls down after a lot of trials what ever I won a Solas 12 pitch 11 1/2 for $ 60.00 (AUS) but haven't had it out much.
Anyway so the people out the with these motors my question to all, is did your motors need lifting, my last half cabin was terrible 18 ~19 knots flat, I lifted it and top speed loaded down with 80 liters of fuel 2 fellas, ice 10 meters of chain it would run 32 knots, so I think when I finish lifting the motor I should at-least pick up another 10 knots or a bit more.
I have taked to a number of people with the hight and I believe in was Yamaha where these motors were made and added a 50mm longer trunk ???

how far under the boat is the cavitation plate? are you running a long shaft on a boat designed for a short shaft?the cavitation plate should be even with the bottom of the boat...what rpms are you turning at wot?

Good morning papyson The motor has to be risen by 45 mm so, it is a long shaft with no extensions. It also has a fantastic rooster tall but not a proper one also its a long shaft motor. I have had to do it on a Haines hunter 17c, a 4.9 Stejcraft, a Swiftcraft and a cruise craft. So when my son comes over this weekend we will put the motor back on and most probably go out next weekend, also thanks for the reply.

Hi kimcrwb1, thanks for the reply. Ive been through the prop thing I have 5 spare ones now I picked up a Solas S/S prop for 60 odd bucks but havnt used the boat this year so with these two things go good all my previous motors have pulled 5,900 revs my current one was about 5,600. So the prop now is wider and a pitch down so I expect atleast 5 kots more, so now I have to take it out and get some use of it.

Back