rowdyroady
New member
"I have a 2001 Chris Craft wit
"I have a 2001 Chris Craft with twin 5.7 GSi's with 270 hours on each. I just bought the boat, and it ran fine when I bought it (of course) but shortly thereafter it started getting sluggish at plane, losing power before finally just refusing to go over 2200 RPM or so. It runs rough and absolutely wants to shake itself off of its engine mounts anytime I try to throttle up. I changed the plugs, distributor cap, rotor and fuel filters. One fuel filter had some watery rust in it which I assumed was my problem at least for one engine...the other filter did not have any water in it. However, both engines display the same symptoms. The fuel pumps are fine, both high and low pressure are good. I have since added some Sea Foam to the one gas tank, and checked the gas filter several times...I seem to have gotten the moisture out.
I am at a complete loss on what to do next...this is extremely frustrating. Please help!"
"I have a 2001 Chris Craft with twin 5.7 GSi's with 270 hours on each. I just bought the boat, and it ran fine when I bought it (of course) but shortly thereafter it started getting sluggish at plane, losing power before finally just refusing to go over 2200 RPM or so. It runs rough and absolutely wants to shake itself off of its engine mounts anytime I try to throttle up. I changed the plugs, distributor cap, rotor and fuel filters. One fuel filter had some watery rust in it which I assumed was my problem at least for one engine...the other filter did not have any water in it. However, both engines display the same symptoms. The fuel pumps are fine, both high and low pressure are good. I have since added some Sea Foam to the one gas tank, and checked the gas filter several times...I seem to have gotten the moisture out.
I am at a complete loss on what to do next...this is extremely frustrating. Please help!"

