Logo

50 HP EFI 4 stroke prop spinning freely at all times

Bigdtb2001

New member
Newbie here. Prop is spinning freely with motor off. I press button on throttle box and move stick forward past idle. Prop is still spinning freely. Same when I move to reverse. Hook up ear muffs and crank it up. Prop spins very slowly counter clockwise in neutral. I move throttle to forward and prop is still spinning counter clockwise. Right handed prop. Hoping I am just doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for any help.
 
You are disabling the shift function on the control box.------Hurry to a shop for some coaching.----Get a manual.----Ask a friend ETC.----Mistakes can cost you big $$$
 
The prop will try and spin anyway, there is friction in the gears/bushings/bearings. Perhaps there are some worn components in the lower unit and/or rust, water, etc...
Do you have any history and have you changed lower unit lube?
 
Thanks for the replies. The shift cable is not moving at the engine. Throttle cable moving. Planning to check the cable and control box.
 
Looks like a control problem. Unlikely a broken cable, but open up the box and see what broke or came loose.
 
Back
Top