Logo

5.7 liter stalls out

I have a 92 chaparral with a 5.7 ltr that I just recently purchased. I was running the boat for about 3 hrs and it stalled. I had a mechanic check it out and he replaced a hot coil. It happened again the following day and he said it was definatly a fuel delivery issue so he replaced a carborator valve. It than happened again after returning home so I replaced the electonic fuel pump. Problem than returned again. Boat seems to stall and and can be restarted and limp along if minimal throttle is used. Problem maybe be happening only after tank reaches 1/2 tank level. Any ideas ?
thanks in advance.
Ron
[email protected]

I have an '86 5.7 and had similar issues several years ago - it was the carb - replaced it with an Edelbrock marine and good ever since - try checking the plugs and if wet - that's probably it - BTW - you'll probably need a plug change as well...

Thanks Drifter I have ran it the last 2 weekends in 90+ weather with no issues. The only thing I did was keep the tank topped off or above 3/4 or more. I will check the supply line in the tank this weekend for possible problems if that doesnt do it I will replace the carb. Thanks again.

Back