My 1989 Mercruiser 5.0L with 4 BBL Rochester is getting harder to start after engine warms up. It used to start quickly when warm, requiring no throttle advance. Now it cranks maybe 30 seconds (no throttle advance) before it begins to start (not a "strong start" but kind of just hitting one cylinder, then another then another then finally complete start.) Once it starts it idles fine. I can give it some throttle to get it to start quicker but would prefer to not have to do this.
I'm thinking it could be either the accelerator pump OR a leaking vacuum diaphragm that actuates the accelerator pump. I think there a couple vacuum diaphragm on this Rochester 4 BBL and need to figure out which one and if it's the culprit. Boat is stored out of state so I want to figure this out, order parts, replace the faulty parts on the day before we begin our boating vacation
I'm thinking it could be either the accelerator pump OR a leaking vacuum diaphragm that actuates the accelerator pump. I think there a couple vacuum diaphragm on this Rochester 4 BBL and need to figure out which one and if it's the culprit. Boat is stored out of state so I want to figure this out, order parts, replace the faulty parts on the day before we begin our boating vacation

