Logo

5.0 random no crank

LancerdadMi

I have been having a random no crank issue when I turn the key to start It is very random when it happens. I carry a jumper wire but so far have not had to jump the selonoid. The way I have got out of it is by moving the batter switch either from all to bat 1 or bat 2. It seems that when I do that the issue goes away. Batteries are both fully charged checked that. Can a selonoid be flakey like that or should I look at the ignition switch?

Thanks,

Brian in MI

Most likely Battery switch ... BTW RUNNING the boat with the battery switch on ALL shortens battery life. ALL should ONLY be used if the boat wont crank on either 1 or 2. Once engine starts and runs switch to either 1 or 2 . ALL is also used if for some reason you need the change batteries while the engine is running as a momentary path from one battery to another. NEVER move the battery switch past OFF while the engine is running!!!

Most likely Battery switch ... BTW RUNNING the boat with the battery switch on ALL shortens battery life. ALL should ONLY be used as a last resort if the boat wont crank on either 1 or 2. Once engine starts and runs switch to either 1 or 2 . ALL is also used if for some reason you need the change batteries while the engine is running as a momentary path from one battery to another. NEVER move the battery switch past OFF while the engine is running!!!

Lancer - Consider a Blue Sea ACR to take the 1/2 switch out of the game. With a SI-CLR you have a On/Off Switch

Well I took off the top of the air cleaner looking for the assist selonoid in case I ever have to jump it and did not find it it. I looked all over the top of the motor no selonoid or reset button. Any idea where it could be?

Thanks,
Brian

Back