Logo

5.0 mercruiser sterndrive 2013 Glastron alarm

tmsellers

New member
For the past year i when I went to idle… only from time to time I would get one constant alarm and the engine would shut off. I inquired with a mechanic and was told to replace the oil pressure switch. I replaced both the pressure switch and the oil sending unit and it fixed the issue. However once I replaced both said parts I now get 5 long beeps when I turn on ignition. Probably only 4 beeps as it’s always given the first beep (system check or warning me that key is on). The boat will start and run great if I start during the beeps or wait till finished beeping. When I replaced pressure switch and sending unit what would cause this to start beeping? Any ideas?
 
On mine i get a long beeb until the engine starts, its the oil pressure coming up and it alarms before there is enough pressure to open the switch.
btw the alarm switch and sending unit are two completely separate circuits. Sender only varies ohm signal to the gauge
 
I do understand the sending unit sends to gauge. Do you know why after replacing the pressure gauge I started getting 4 additional beeps? Could it be previous alarms needing reset
 
Back
Top