Logo

45hp gearbox query

F Murtz

On the end of the propeller shaft (gear shift shaft) there is this brass collet or whatever it is called,
What direction does the recess (shown upper) face, towards prop or away?

dqsrko.jpg

It can go with the recess forward or back, someone else opened the gearbox so I did not see which way it came off.

What is iboats?

I do not know where the spring is,I do not think there is one,I do have a manual on disc but it does not seem to have an exploded view or parts list.
here is a pic with the yoke sitting on selector shaft but I do not know which way the hollow face faces.

1z671qq.jpg

iboats will not load in my computer at the moment,I have been looking for an exploded view or parts list but so far have not found one.

The only number I can find is 457hh7762 ,is that a serial no.? There is no spring.
I wish I could find an exploded view showing the spring.
If there were a spring it would mean that the thing was in forward gear permanently if the linkage broke.

Made a new one, every thing seems to be working, clutch dog shaft in propeller shaft does not seem to be worn.

dp8ww7.jpg

Last edited:
On i Boats there are a bunch more guys that are glad to help.
FrankA, Nordin, Jiggz, and a few others are really knowledgeable about these.
Just another help that's available .

When I got this motor someone had undone the flange on the propeller shaft and probably opened the gearbox and left it.
the bearings were rusty and for some strange reason the pin the shift fulcrum hinges on was missing and the hole had a screw with a washer was in its place.I have made a new screw axle out of stainless to what I imagine it should look like,I have got new bearings,Even had to grind groove in inner race of one,every thing else looks in ok nick.
In the pic you can see the screw that was in the side of the box and the hinge pin I made from guesswork and you can see the groove I had to put in the bearing inner.

iboats wont load here it times out for some reason

sz95w9.jpg

Back