Logo

43l omc cobra engine missfires while cruisung

davidlyne

"HI Guys, I hope someone can h

"HI Guys, I hope someone can help with this one. I have a 1991 4.3l HO with 4bbl holley. 3 months afo the engine developed a miss at cruising speed about 23mph, 3,200 RPM approx. and got worse. I had the carby rebuilt professionally. All ran well until a couple of weeks ago and now I have the same problem back again, but not as bad as before the rebuild. This is done by my mechanic and he is now stumped as well. New spark plug leads have also been installed. Compression test was done and all is good. Shortly after the rebuild and before the miss started again, I had trouble one morning with the engine blowing grey smoke, the carby was flooding I think. For some reason, and maybe some one here can tell me why, there is a pressure regulator between the fuel pump and the carby and this is set to a low number on the dial. Does any one know what this is for or could the engine be starving for fuel from not enough fuel pressure. It runs perfectly at idle, just misses when cruising. Any help appreciated."

Back