Logo

4.3 GXI-G Power Trim Switch / Power to Up is funky

johnt

Member
I have a weird one. My trim switch works part time. I took it apart and does not seem to be a switch issue, I'll say that...

I can always get the unit to go down, but it won't always come up. Can be running along and the up switch means nothing. Shift to Neutral and the switch worked again. Could then go back into forward gear and it might still work. A while later...no work in forward. Then the next week, same thing, but it wouldn't come up even when shifting to Neutral. Went into reverse and it came right up! Back to Neutral and it's a crap shoot, might work might not.

I was thinking it could have a bare wire or pinched wire up at the handle, but I don't really think that is the case. I am kind of thinking something deeper in the electrical system like a Relay or something? I only have a couple rides left and it will be on the trailer for winter and I seem to have the work around figured out for now. Just looking for something to try while it is still in the water and having the issue.

Thanks in advance for ANY thoughts on this. John
 
Back
Top