Logo

350 mag starting

3-legged-dog

Contributing Member
I have a 2003 crownline bravo iii, 350 mag, fuel injected. tonight I replaced a gen ii pistol grip flush/side mounted control hardware. neutral lock was worn out.

after reinstall, I turn the key I hear nothing but get a crank. no water connected to the engine.

I should hear the a priming motor pushing fuel. I don't not. it worked prior to installation of new part.

I am thinking fuse somewhere or control arm maybe not in alignment / neutral.

any ideas.

Thanks
john

BT,

I didn't think that I was starting new thread. The original Control Assembly was working just a damaged neutral lock. everything was working as it should be.

after new Control Assembly installed, now no priming, Seloc manual calls it dieseling I think.

So is it the control arm not aligned correctly, which is basically a bolt or the Stop/lanyard switch which needed to be removed and reinstalled. or something else like a fuse somewhere.

Seloc is kind of pointing me at a 20 amp fuse before the fuel pump. I don't have a code reader/tester, but maybe I will purchase. I have on order a new Stop/lanyard switch.

thoughts on the problem!!

If you suspect a switch is bad ,temporarily short the 2 wires together s see if the problem clears. The wiring from a control box will have 2 yellow/red wires for
the neutral safety and purple? for the ign circuit

control arm if I remember has 4 wire, all different colors and it plugs into a connection under my cockpit console, I will have to trace the wires.

stop/lanyard switch has 2 purple wires I will have to trace and to remove control arm you have to open/separate the switch body. there is metal slide inside the switch. I ran out of time when I was working on it. switch moved freely, metal slide could be wrong in position. I am replacing with new switch.

I am green on how to short? can you explain the process.

also 20 amp inline fuse for fuel pump, where do you think it would be located?

Searching for the pic, its in the wiring harness near the rear of the motor. "short " strip the insulation and twist together. Do you know what type controller
series? The 4 wire plug is for the trim/tilt

I just installed the side/flush mount 4000 Gen ii, w/ pistol grip w/ trim/tilt. The control arm I removed was very similar just the shift neutral button was on the side/thumb now its in the front under the fingers on the grip.

I have read also about the fuel pump relay, I have seen the relays on the engine electrical board. my boat has replaceable fuses all over the place.

My dad always said start cheap and easiest and advance to difficult and expensive, I am going to start by checking all fuses I can find. I will try to short the stop/lanyard switch, before I install new switch.

while I have you, mounted on my engine I have a very large push button circuit breaker, what is it for?

and do you have code tester/reader and which brand?

That should have a red button ,its the main CB for the system. power comes from the starter, thru the CB to the harness plug and then up to the dash

thanks, yes red button,

I have that CB, and then another 4 in a panel on my side wall on my deck behind the helm. just as big and labeled console etc.

I will be working on the boat this weekend and get back to you. thanks

do you have a code reader if so what brand? is it worth the cost?

Back