Logo

35 chrysler

mixd

Contributing Member
"I have a 35 hp chrysler outbo

"I have a 35 hp chrysler outboard.The model number is 356ba.Could anyone tell me what year it is?Also,it has not run in about four years,what precautions should i take when i try to start it?It ran great the last time it was out from low to high rev."

clean carb new plugs check for

clean carb new plugs check for spark new water pump impeller change gear oil
google model number to find out what year it is

"Yes, It's only rubber. I

"Yes, It's only rubber. It also has a tendency to loose it's ability to seal in the housing(develops a memory as well as getting rigid).

I've seen them so hard and brittle that they would break into pieces.

Bill"

Thanks guys.This is my dads mo

Thanks guys.This is my dads motor so i wouldnt wish to destroy it.

About the 55 hp.What exactly d

About the 55 hp.What exactly did you mean?That the water pump from a 55 will fit on the 35?

Well yes- but the real news is

Well yes- but the real news is the entire power head from a 55 hp will bolt right on that engine in place of the 35. No changes as long as they have the same ignition.

"Ok,now thats impressive.Would

"Ok,now thats impressive.Would you know which models,or am i pushing my luck?"

"All it has to have to fit is

"All it has to have to fit is the 2 piece lower unit. Chrysler used the same engine block for the 35/45/55 hp powerhead. They changed the ignition and carb over the years, but if it would match the base gasket, it would work."

"Thanks,i will keep that in mi

"Thanks,i will keep that in mind.I smell an upgrade.Now i only have to convince my dad."

I got a 1974 35hp sea king VWB

I got a 1974 35hp sea king VWB52035 I am looking to see if anyone has a parts digram and a wireing diagram. It would help me greatly. Thanks

"Thank you very much i will lo

"Thank you very much i will look at both of those sites, I have one more question the title says this boat is a 1968 glasspar, I have been trying to find other pics of this boat. Here is a pic of it maybe one of you more experienced people can look at it and tell me yes it is or no its not. Thanks again for all the help
294583.jpg
1968 glasspar???

Back