Logo

270 drive sucking air whan on plane HELP

chief_wiggum

New member
"Okay, first some background..

"Okay, first some background... please read before telling me that I need the inlet elbow / gasket or both


I pressure tested it, and the water leaks are coming out BELOW the bracket.

EDIT:... Well, I pulled the intake elbow, and I see the problem. The needle bearings are GONE... the drive slops around 1/8" at least, and you can see that the elbow is sealed nicely to the gimbal, the tube slops around underneth.

SO... the big question.

How do I go about removing that tube / pivot and replacing the bearings ?

I'm not afraid to yank the drive, if that's necessary, I just am concerned that it takes a $932.00 tool to remove / replace it ! ! !

Thanks for looking. Advice appreciated!
Any thoughts / suggestions of what to look for next ? I have the lower unit pulled now, in hopes of being able to pull that pivot tube out, but I'm not sure that's possible ?

Thanks!"
 
"Thanks, El.

I can't im


"Thanks, El.

I can't imagine that the bearing seals are okay, since the bearings are non-existant... Unless they liquified and are floating around in there


I've already looked at a Volvo manual, but my concern is that they speak in terms like "Take Volvo tool xyz8882349, then insert Volvo retaing device... after that, use volvo tool zxfx..dkk

That's great if I HAD the 37,000 worth of special volvo tools. But can a mere mortal with typical tools do the job ?"
 
"If you have read the Seloc re

"If you have read the Seloc repair manual, it tells you to use "the Volvo tool xyzabc or a similar arrangement". This means that, if you are mechanically inclined, you will have to figure out what works and what doesn't. In the case of the water tube, I would probably look at a deep socket and a drive extension to drive it out of the intermediate housing if I do not have the special tools. Also, if yo have a lathe and a welding machine, you can fabricate something to do the job."
 
Back
Top