Logo

25HP Mariner Fire and Gaz, not explosion in cylinder no 2 ?

va2aba

New member
Hello my name is Pascal,
I have a Mariner 25 HP 1991 S/N : 0D017750
I have a strange problem here is:


Thank you for helping me!

I have, Fire and Gaz, not explosion in cylinder no 2

-Compression test = 134 psi per cylinder
-New spark plug
-The reed-valve = ok
-The carburator are rebuilt

I have no explosion in cylinder no 2, and it’s the same if I ad gaz in cylender 2
But, i have fire on the spark plug no 2

I inverted the coil but i have always this problem in cylender 2, no explosion + spark plug cold

I think the cylinder 2 is not syncronise with the cylinder no 1, but i’m not sure, but it’s look like that

The magnets under the flywheel seems ok, no rust and not broken

I search the reason of this problem

Thank you
Pascal

Cylinder one fire : here
Cylinder two fire : here
To the interior of the exhaust manifold : here + here
 
First of all, that motor has a reed valve assembly that MUST be well sealed (rubber gasket deal) or it does all kinds of weird stuff (like this). I'd check that first, then swap the coils and see if the problems moves with it. Seen a lot of bad coils lately. They will fire the plug outside the motor, but not under compression.

Jeff
 
First of all, that motor has a reed valve assembly that MUST be well sealed (rubber gasket deal) or it does all kinds of weird stuff (like this). I'd check that first, then swap the coils and see if the problems moves with it. Seen a lot of bad coils lately. They will fire the plug outside the motor, but not under compression.

Jeff


Hello Jeff,
Thank you for your help, I verify the reed valves are closed and sealed.
I crossed the primary electrical wires on the coils and crossed the spark-plug cables.
The problem remains the same.

I have good blue fire on two cylinders

I déconecté the gas tank, disconnect the cable from spark plug from cylinder 1
put fuel directly into the cylinder 2 I pull the rope 3-4 times I have a little
backfire ...

I did the same thing with the cylinder 1 when I pull the cord the engine is running and burns any gasoline ...

Thank you very much
Pascal.
 
Back
Top