Logo

25 omc 83 model on 17 ft dixie water running out back of engine

swampfox

New member
"thanks for looking. I have a

"thanks for looking. I have a 2.5 omc I/o and this today when I went to run it, it is running water down where the flywheel bottom side and around the starter water running around that area to.no water in the oil and i run it just about 400 yds up and down river, seemed ok but started running hot fast in idle. sad day for me as this was the first day for me and the kids on the water. any help here. drained manifolds for winter but it seems to be coming from back of motor somewhere."
 
"I don't know for sure Bil

"I don't know for sure Bill but I'd be looking for your freeze plugs, get an eye on them and see if thats the source of your leak. They could have rusted out or been pushed out by frozen water. Just a guess though really. Should be 1.5 to 2 in dia. and a mirror might be a help. Tood luck. Todd"
 
that rear core plug does like

that rear core plug does like to pop out of the 2.5/3.0 after 25 years or so....
 
Back
Top