Logo

25 Hp Merc 2 stroke

"I would like to know if a 199

"I would like to know if a 1990, 25 HP merc 2 stroke have any serious problems with them? I am looking at purchasing one from a gentleman up north. It's a short shaft , tiller. I haven't seen it yet. Just inquiring. He want $900

Thanks for your time,"

"If it runs okay, and the lowe

"If it runs okay, and the lower unit is okay (pull the plug and see is water comes out) then grab it. Great little motors, and that's a good price.

Jeff"

"Definately call him before I

"Definately call him before I do - Outstanding little motor - probably the best 25 2 stroke ever on the market.

It went through some very minor model changes in 1995 but remains in production today (for sale outside of the US) as the 25 Merc "Salt Water" edition - so still has full parts support from Merc.

900 bucks is a steal for this if running ok, a new one retails for close to 3K and a 1990 model is just starting to get broken in nicely
"

"I bought the motor, the botto

"I bought the motor, the bottom has just been rebuilt, new water pump, new prop, started first pull. Now I hope it will troll slow enough. I'm going to try it this week.
Thanks for the advice guys"

"I think he should send it dow

"I think he should send it down to me to be extensively tested - I'd send it back in a year or two, with all scheduled maint having been done and a personalized report as to how the motor performed.

Just want to make sure he got a good deal
"

Back