Logo

225 VST drain screw stuck

surfnfisher

Contributing Member
Hey all, my 225 was surging at about 4800 and above.
after reading around I changed the height and low pressure filter my racor water separator.
when I first got my engine 100 hours ago 3 years ago the Honda service tech said he couldn’t drain the vst without removing it.
question… best way to grind a better flathead groove. While it is still installed.
have not ran the boat with the new filters yet but wanted to drain the VST if I could.
Thanks for any insight
cheers

Hey all, my 225 was surging at about 4800 and above.
after reading around I changed the height and low pressure filter my racor water separator.
when I first got my engine 100 hours ago 3 years ago the Honda service tech said he couldn’t drain the vst without removing it.
question… best way to grind a better flathead groove. While it is still installed.
have not ran the boat with the new filters yet but wanted to drain the VST if I could.
Thanks for any insight
cheers

I used a 1/4” ratchet with a long extension plus a shorter extension and a slot (or flathead) type bit. I first sprayed the drain screw with WD40 and let it sit for maybe 15 minutes. Then using the ratchet extensions with the bit attached I tapped it with a hammer. Then just ratcheted it loose to enable a drain from the hose into a suitable container.

Back