Logo

2024 yamaha 200hp water in fuel alarm

tadams

New member
I have a 2024 200hp yamaha with 30 hours on it and I am getting a water in the fuel alarm. I have emptied engine filter 3 times and also replace water fuel separator on the boat but it still alarms. I don't see water in the fuel. I also disconnected the sensor and still got the alarm. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Is the complete model of the motor not known?

If the sensor has been disconnected I would suspect that a wire might be chaffed to a ground source.
 
UPDATE
Well, after being told it was water in the fuel by a local mechanic I went through the process to clear the water issue but alarm still went off in neutral. I ended up taking it to the local dealership for diagnostics testing and it ended up being low oil pressure. It was just serviced 8 hours ago with oil change. A call has been put into Yamaha but dealership is still waiting to hear back. Anyone else have this issue on a new Yamaha motor?
 
What gave you the idea that it was a water in fuel alarm? The local mechanic? Hopefully not a Yamaha mechanic.

What country are you in?
 
After taking to the dealer they came to the conclusion that it was low oil pressure. They contacted yamaha and after a 2 week process they confirmed it was a balancer issue and agreed to do a short block on it. In my opinion I don't believe this should be the fix. I spent $20k on a new motor that has 30 hours on it!! At a minimum I feel it should be a long block but I really feel they should be hanging a new motor. Any thoughts?
 
Hanging a new motor is not within the scope of the warranty.

How is it known that the short block was damaged? Maybe it is not.

Let them do what they propose to do and see how it goes. I suspect you will be just fine.
 
Hanging a new motor is not within the scope of the warranty.

How is it known that the short block was damaged? Maybe it is not.

Let them do what they propose to do and see how it goes. I suspect you will be just fine.
Plastic particles in the oil filter.
 
I have a 2024 Yamaha 200 that purportedly had water in the fuel after 80 hours and I never heard an alarm.

Dealer put a new filter and low and high pressure fuel pumps in it. They told me it isn't covered under warranty. Cost me $4,750.

Ran it 44 miles and its back in the shop, sounds like it's running on 2 cylinders. Gas in the water behind motor.

Disappointed to say the least.
 
Back
Top