DiamondDave952
New member
Hello. New member to the forum. I have a 2021 Yamaha F115 LB (115 hp outboard motor) that has performed flawlessly until recent. I've owned this outboard for 3 years and purchased it new with my boat from my local dealership. What's happening is the motor will start up fine and sounds normal. I would back it off the trailer and go slow to allow the motor to warm up. Once I move the throttle forward to get the boar up on plane (or under heavy load), the engine would quit and won't restart; I can turn the key and hear the motor try to turn over, but never does (like it's starving for gas). I brought it to the dealership that I purchase my boat and the technician thought it was an battery cable connection issue. They ran the motor for 30 minutes either in a tank or with muff (under no load) and said it was fixed. Relieved, I took it out to the lake (after it was "fixed") and the same thing happened again. When I shifted the throttle forward to get up on plane, the engine would quit and won't restart. Wondering if anyone has encountered an issue like this before or know what could be causing this? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

