Logo

2020 F25 Yamaha Outboard won't start or trim

Francis Drake

New member
I have a 2020 F25 Yamaha outboard. It will not start with ignition switch, only start with pull rope. Also, the trim switches on remote and at engine do not work. I can jumper 12v to trim motors and up/down motors are fine. I can jump 12v to starter motor and starter motor works fine. When engine starts, the ignition switch will turn off engine. The remote switches were tested with a meter and all appear to be functioning correctly. The solenoid and trim relay replaced, but no change. What is common to the starting solenoid and trim motors that would disable both? Wiring seems to be okay.
 
Have you any idea as to the complete model of your motor? They are not all the same.

When you say the motor will not start I presume that you mean that it will not crank.

A fuse is common to both the starter motor relay and the trim and tilt relay assembly in certain F25 models that have both electric start and power trim and tilt.

Blown fuse will render both components inoperative.
 
Have you any idea as to the complete model of your motor? They are not all the same.

When you say the motor will not start I presume that you mean that it will not crank.

A fuse is common to both the starter motor relay and the trim and tilt relay assembly in certain F25 models that have both electric start and power trim and tilt.

Blown fuse will render both components inoperative.
F25LWTC
 
Have you any idea as to the complete model of your motor? They are not all the same.

When you say the motor will not start I presume that you mean that it will not crank.

A fuse is common to both the starter motor relay and the trim and tilt relay assembly in certain F25 models that have both electric start and power trim and tilt.

Blown fuse will render both components inoperative.
Where is the common fuse to both the starter relay and the tilt relay? Thank you!
 
Back
Top