Logo

2016 250 Verado trim switch / solenoid

gerryjig

New here....so hello. My Verado has been the best motor I've ever owned. It sits on a Robalo 226 Cayman Bay Boat. Flawless in every aspect until this little deal, here's what went down yesterday.

Put the boat back on the trailer and trimmed the motor up and drove over to the wash rack. Dropped the motor and flushed. Friend of mine shut water off, disconnected the fitting and pushed the connector back in without putting the cap back on. He reached in with his finger to maneuver the hose connector back out to replace cap and then put back in to turn and close. Went to lift the motor off the motor trim switch and no up but down worked. Now the same on the throttle lever.........Question here

Is this just coincidence this happened at that moment or could a plug wire have loosened? Why would the throttle lever not work also....is the power tied into the switch relay so both either work or don't?

I have swapped Solenoids out on other motors so I have an idea and was just wondering if someone on here has experienced the same with a Verado

That motor was a beast to lift when I loosened the power trim release valve, got it home with motor up. I have charters booked and need to resolve asap, thanks!

Back