Logo

2015 BF20 High Thrust Prop change ?

Rewinder

Have a 9.25x10p prop now, but with the wife and kid ,it adds another three hundred and fifty lbs. to the boat and it will only pull 5300rpm and 18mph.. Me alone it'll go 26mph at 6 grand. 13' Smoker Craft Alaskan, 2015 BF20 Elec. start and lift. AV plate with fin even with bottom of stern. 3 Gal. gas tank. Series 29 battery in front and 350 amp lawn mower battery in back. Right at Max. cap. of 750 lbs. for the boat with the family. Will a 10x7p High Thrust prop help with the rpms and speed. Thanks, Randy

I went ahead and purchased a 10 x 7p HT prop. Will see how it works next week. If it works, great, if not I'll get a 9.25 x 8. Randy

Last edited:
The HT prop might be a little too much of a change....but all you can do is try it.

The 8 might be enough to help get it to plane, then the rpms will come up....almost like you are climbing a hill and when you finally get to the top...it is flat...then you can suddenly move faster.

Unfortunately, math and calculations can get you close, but the truth is in the final testing and fine tuning.

Let us know how it comes out.

Mike

I'll let ya know in a couple days. Researching the prop took a lot of searching and still could not find much info on its use. All I could deduce is the 7p lets the motor reve higher and the larger 10" dia. actually acts like increase in pitch by pushing more water . Most usage of the prop is on large boats. Have not found any usage on smaller 1000 lb. or less boats. Some prop finders suggested a three blade prop of 9.25 x 9, with the three blade not having as much lift in the stern of the boat as a four blade prop. I was looking more for a increase of rpms and thrust with lift. Will have to keep a eye on the rpms when traveling alone. Thanks, Randy

You were right HondaDude. The 10 x 7p HT Prop shot the rpm's past 6100 and speed was going nowhere. Back to work and order another prop. Anyone want to buy a 10 x 7p HT prop. $65 shipped

Last edited:
Back