I have a 2013 Yamaha F40LA that will run all day at 2200 RPM which is what we do 95% of the time on our lake. Seems to run out uninterrupted 3800 for long stretches of time as well. When I advance the throttle full forward I get between 5000 and 5300 max RPM. At max it runs out constantly between 30-45 seconds before revs fall to somewhere in the 3500 range for a second or two, advanced back to 5000 for a second or two and continues that cycle until I retard the throttle.
If I immediately advance to full throttle the problem cycle starts again within a couple seconds. If I retard to idle for 20-30 seconds I can get back to 5000 for 30-45 seconds until the problem cycle starts again.
This has been on going through almost three tanks of fuel (20 gallons each), can of Seafoam, new fuel-water separator, new fuel filter, new set of plugs, new Attwood carbon canisters (vent evaporator unit) and new fuel pump; none of which made a difference.
Problem cycle does not set off any warnings alarms or lights.
Motor is on the back of a 2013 Sylvan Pontoon if that matters.
Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
If I immediately advance to full throttle the problem cycle starts again within a couple seconds. If I retard to idle for 20-30 seconds I can get back to 5000 for 30-45 seconds until the problem cycle starts again.
This has been on going through almost three tanks of fuel (20 gallons each), can of Seafoam, new fuel-water separator, new fuel filter, new set of plugs, new Attwood carbon canisters (vent evaporator unit) and new fuel pump; none of which made a difference.
Problem cycle does not set off any warnings alarms or lights.
Motor is on the back of a 2013 Sylvan Pontoon if that matters.
Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

