Logo

2005 Tahoe 222 - Wiring Diagram

WizardMan

I have a Tahoe 222 that I purchased two years ago. The boat is fine for an 18 year old boat but it has electrical gremlins. A friend and I are trying to rewire it but have been unable to find any wiring diagrams at all for this model. Our local Tahoe dealer relocated and is now 80 miles away and, has not answered email I have sent. Does anyone have wiring diagrams for the panel and fuse block or information on where I could acquire them?

Ayuh,..... Generally speakin', wiring diagrams don't exist for old boats,.....
Draw yer own, or manually chase the circuits out,....

Thanks for the response. I was hoping someone had done the dirty work and I would not have to reinvent the wheel. I have a limited amount of electrical knowledge and the previous owner had the wiring altered to add led lights and subwoofer etc. I wanted to see if I could get it back as close to the original as I could and tie the addons in as they should be. I'm getting there but it ain't easy. If I had the money, I'd pay someone to do it, but then, if I had the money I would have bought a newer boat :).

2X on the wiring diagrams...based on my experience, it will be fast to make your own as you redo what's there.

If nothing else, make sure you use 'marine grade' wire and get good terminals (and double wall shrink tubing if not integrated with the connectors) and the tools to crimp them...otherwise, you will be hating life in the future.

Thanks for the advise. I have been documenting and labeling wiring as I go. I have someone with electrical/electronics background advising but he has never worked on boats. Going very slowly because, if it works, don't break it :)

Back