2005 5.7 Mercruiser Horizon MPI sn OW061013
This is closed cooling ( heat exchanger) (dry joint?)
This winter I had the yard replace the raw water intake hose
I replaced the elbow gasket
Quicksilver OEM MerCruiser 4.3/5.0/5.7/6.2 Dry Joint Closed Exhaust Elbow Gasket
27-864549A02
First ride this season after 5 mins I had overheat and guardian mode - 185 deg F so I shut her down
1. I believe I installed the correct gasket properly. If I didnt, could that cause an overheat?
2. Could the yard have screwed up something on the hose taht coudl cause an over heat?
Thanks
This is closed cooling ( heat exchanger) (dry joint?)
This winter I had the yard replace the raw water intake hose
I replaced the elbow gasket
Quicksilver OEM MerCruiser 4.3/5.0/5.7/6.2 Dry Joint Closed Exhaust Elbow Gasket
27-864549A02
First ride this season after 5 mins I had overheat and guardian mode - 185 deg F so I shut her down
1. I believe I installed the correct gasket properly. If I didnt, could that cause an overheat?
2. Could the yard have screwed up something on the hose taht coudl cause an over heat?
Thanks

