Logo

2005 15 hp bigfoot carrier bearing torque?

chris_holt

Contributing Member
Does any one happen to know what the torque spec is for a 2005 15HP Bigfoot propshaft carrier bearing? I do not have the manual for this one, and I have not been able to stumble upon the specs online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 15 hp bigfoot carrier bearing torque?

BEARING CARRIER ASSEMBLY, 80.0 lb-ft, 108.5 Nm. You need to use 2-4-C w/Teflon (92-850736A1)

Your service manual part number from Mercury marine is 90-856159R02 SEPTEMBER 2002.

Sorry, I ended up not needing your serial number when I went looking for the torque specs this time around.

Last edited:

I will grab the serial # in the am and post promptly, sorry, powerhead is on the boat at the marina, and gearcase is at my shop.

I will grab the serial # in the am and post promptly, sorry, powerhead is on the boat at the marina, and gearcase is at my shop.
Sorry, I ended up not needing your serial number when I went looking for the torque specs this time around. Re-check post number 2 for specs.

Thank you, really appreciate the help, I always use Evinrude gasket snot, I assume that is adequate.....??

Back