Logo

2004 V/P SX wont go into forward

Shif

I know this subject has been broached before and I have reviewed the previous threads but............

2004 Volvo penta 3.0 SX M2 Replaced shift and throttle cable now only sometimes goes into forward after a period of time. Fluid level is correct 2.1 qts synthetic volvo gear oil, shift cable adjusted correctly. works fine on hose out of water but may or may not go in after awhile and with a bang when in water. I have tried to take off the cable and manually assure full lever engagement into forward with still the same results. Does anyone know if this is a shimming issue or worn parts issue with the cone clutch? Not looking for miracles just a little guidance if available. Could it be something I can fix or will it require an expert Volvo mechanic and possible overhaul?????

Was it going in gear good with old cable?If so ten it is an adjustment issue.just because it is adjusted on ingine the same dont mean its rite on shifter.

Dont know someone else had the boat. when I got it old cables were already removed. I am a fairly competent auto mechanic with some marine experience. Everything external looks ok and I have checked it all several times. Seems like something other than cable adjustment to me but I could be wrong.

Back