Florodoltarzan
New member
Hello all,<br><br>Last year I bought a boat with the engine in the subject line in it. It worked fine when I sailed it home from Norway to Sweden (8 hours at 30 knots, open sea) during which the motor worked fine.<br><br>But towards the end of the season I noticed a loss of power when going above 3500-4000 rpms, in addition to some weird whining from the engine room (thought it was a bad serpentine belt). As soon as I reduced the rpms it went back to normal operation. It seems this issue has gotten worse now - when we were out yesterday, the power loss occurred again, this time ending with the engine dying completely on me. It also seems to be losing power at lower rpms. After stalling, the engine fires right back up again at idling revs.<br><br>My first thought was that the engine over-heats for some reason but after spending a lot of time reading up on similar symptoms it now seems likely that it's a fuel pump issue.<br><br>Would someone who's experienced fuel pump issues (they seem quite common - paint in the fuel pump assembly, blocking fuel flow) care to comment on the symptoms described above. I'd love to get some ideas in regards to where to start trouble-shooting.<br><br>Thanks a bunch!<br><br>//Henrik

