Logo

2002 BF50a How do I choke the carbs after side to binnacle coversion.

La Scola

New member
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, and new to Honda motors I bought a 2002 Honda BR50a that came with a side controller. My boat is a center console. Im looking to use a binnacle mount from a 2006 or so, and a key switch panel that has a similar alarm, oil, and temp light and kill switch as the side control but no choke on it. I bought a main harness 32205-ZY6-015AH and I'm pretty sure that harness works with the motor and controls. My question is, since I have a later model controller, how can I add a choke? If I bought a switch can I tap into an existing plug or do I have to wire the solenoid on the motor? I did see one key switch panel on ebay that had a choke but thats it. Must have been rare bird. I know later carbed models (2005?) had the ball choke thing on the motor but mine doesnt. It has the pull choke level and a solenoid. Wondering how I can use the main harness to run the choke from the helm. Any suggestions?
 
Hi Alan, so like where you push the key in? An older 2004 or so had a switch for the choke on the key switch panel. You think Honda changed that and uses the key to activate the choke? Here is a picture of the choke on the panel. It's above the kill switch.
Screenshot_20220823-205254_Drive.jpg
 
Back
Top