FISH Yourself
New member
Last fall i starting having an issue where i was down on power... engine wouldn’t rev past 3500 or would get up to around 4800 and fall... also didn’t have the quick throttle response it had. I thought it was a fuel issue so i changed out the fuel, got new plugs and filters, which seemed to improve it but it started doing it again. During one trip the engine was really bogging and then jumped to redline and shut off. I tilted the motor up and the lower unit was literally hanging with 2 studs sheared off and the other nuts backed off. Had to get towed in.
Pulled lower unit and noticed drive shaft snapped. Replaced lower unit with similar used lower. The lower unit pressure tested, had forward and reverse engage on bench. I put oil in and installed. Just went to run it and had the same bogging Rpms and then the lower unit let go and i lost forward. It just Revs now after being engaged. Had to limp back to the dock in reverse.
Anyone have any idea what the prorblem could be? I’m getting frustrated and don’t want to replace the lower unit and blow
up another one.
Pulled lower unit and noticed drive shaft snapped. Replaced lower unit with similar used lower. The lower unit pressure tested, had forward and reverse engage on bench. I put oil in and installed. Just went to run it and had the same bogging Rpms and then the lower unit let go and i lost forward. It just Revs now after being engaged. Had to limp back to the dock in reverse.
Anyone have any idea what the prorblem could be? I’m getting frustrated and don’t want to replace the lower unit and blow
up another one.

