Logo

2001 Yamaha 250 Outboard

ed celaya

I bought this Yamaha 250 Outboard from Dennis, a private seller who buys and sells outboard motors.
Dennis is a good guy and mounted the motor on my 24' Pontoon boat. I took my boat to a boat shop for hook ups and connection to my console, batteries, steering, controller etc. The mechanic called me to tell me that the motor would not operate on my boat because it is a 'left hand' (counteclockwise) propeller, and will only run when mounted with a 'twin' (clockwise) motor.
I've asked around whether he's right and been advised to find another mechanic, which I will do on Monday.
In the meantime, can anyone on your Forum advise me about finding a 'compensating prop' that will work with this Yamaha motor?
Thanks
Ed C., SoCal.

The mechanic at the boat shop apparently does not know his ass from a hot rock.

A compensating propeller, whatever that is, is not needed. What is needed is a propeller for a motor that has a counter rotating gear case on it. Yamaha, and others, offer many such propellers. Generally known as a LH propeller. LH for left hand rotation.

For instance
fi.png

I bought this Yamaha 250 Outboard from Dennis, a private seller who buys and sells outboard motors.
Dennis is a good guy and mounted the motor on my 24' Pontoon boat. I took my boat to a boat shop for hook ups and connection to my console, batteries, steering, controller etc. The mechanic called me to tell me that the motor would not operate on my boat because it is a 'left hand' (counteclockwise) propeller, and will only run when mounted with a 'twin' (clockwise) motor.
I've asked around whether he's right and been advised to find another mechanic, which I will do on Monday.
In the meantime, can anyone on your Forum advise me about finding a 'compensating prop' that will work with this Yamaha motor?
Thanks
Ed C., SoCal.
Hi just read your issues with your counter rotating v250 should you have any resin for selling your outboard I’d be interested in buying from you I do live in the uk England but have been looking for on for some time now and not Meany around but love the motor feel free to contact

Back