Logo

2000 OX66 V250 oil injection question ( Engine oil tank Float) ???

carolinaflare

Contributing Member
Hey guys,

2000 OX66 V250TXRY

I am in the process of reconnecting the oil injection system on the motor. The previous owner had purchased it already disconnected as well. needless to say i have no idea as to why, when, or if there was a good reason.

The motor came with the main (on engine) tank, float, switch, and pump (Mikuni). It did not have the linkage arm nor the drive shaft. I bought a remote tank and electric pump from local dealers used pile. the float and pump both work in remote tank. I also now have linkage arm and drive shaft all installed.

Currently i am in the process of testing everything with a fine comb and priming everything. However, while going through my Yam service manual and testing the ENGINE oil tank Float, (SW1,SW2,SW3) i noticed that the float the manual describes if different from the one i actually have. The one in the book shows a single float where are the one i have has 2. It appears that the bottom float is only for SW3 or "NO OIL" . The manual i have for the Oil injection system (downloaded with service manual ) says SW2 should show "OL- Continuity- OL-" when connected to voltmeter as the float drops from top to bottom. My float shows just " OL- Continuity" and then stops at the circlip around the shaft. This is with meter leads between the black and the Blue/green wire.

Is there 2 different variations to the float assy? If so are all variations compatible with the engine? There are No markings on my float other than the letter "Z" or "N" depending on how u look at it stamped in the rubber on the cap.

Thanks in advance. Im just paranoid that the oil injection was removed for a reason other than the guy just didnt trust it, or maybe he just wanted to kill mosquitos, who knows.

Back